incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration of my chart features
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 04:53:14 GMT

--- Gio 16/2/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> > I agree with Dennis: since Regina has clearly offered
> > to contribute her work, further declarations are not
> > required. Really; contributing should be easy as that.
> >

> Read the ICLA.  It does not talking about "offering to
> contribute".
> It talks about "contributing", and that is done via the
> mailing list, SVN or Bugzilla or other similar systems
> that are managed by, or on behalf of Apache.  So I don't
> see how this is a contribution in the
> sense of the ICLA.

I absolutely object to this list becoming the "License
Statement" circus that other office development list
has become.

Contributing through a mailing list is not done only
through patches. Read the title of the email:  it's
clearly a contribution.

There are logistical aspects: while git is a valid means
of storing content in license agnostic ways, the LO
repository is not a proper channel for contributions but
that's something that is being discussed.

Pedro.

I would personally won't feel right