incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Integration of my chart features
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:38:32 GMT

--- Gio 16/2/12, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> ha scritto:

> Data: Giovedì 16 febbraio 2012, 21:44
> If Regina has the right to submit the
> patches anywhere of her choosing, it seems to me that her
> submitting them here is automatically covered by her iCLA,
> no matter what equivalent statement she has made to the TDF
> (where the equivalent of an iCLA is an e-mail declaration).
>

> I agree, it is generally not prudent for us to assume that
> it is all right to make our own patches from commits made to
> LO.  So long as the LO commits identify Regina as the
> committer or as the submitter, and she has explicitly
> contributed them to us here, as in the note to Armin, that
> should connect all of the dots.  The ceremony about
> asserting ALv2 licensing is what someone who has no iCLA
> would be expected to do.  It seems very redundant in
> this case.  No harm, just redundant.
>
>  - Dennis

I agree with Dennis: since Regina has clearly offered
to contribute her work, further declarations are not
required. Really; contributing should be easy as that.

The problem is actually the changes others (Eike)
made but it looks like that is code that has to
be readapted before committing here anyways.

Pedro.

ps. Thank you Regina!!