incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject RE: Reminder: Not all list posts are from list subscribers
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:16:30 GMT
On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 18:44 -0800, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I am so happy:

> (first post on the "Document Recovery" thread).
>
> Since someone connected the dots about mailing-list addresses in the headers, and I discovered
that Outlook will filter on SMTP-header text matches, I no longer feel like the ugly duckling
in this world of *nix users.

> As a moderator, I tend to grant a responsible sender with an "accept" that covers future
posts as well.  I don't know if that is effective always.  I also don't know that, if it is,
future posts are still identifiable as from a non-subscriber.  I will have to test that.

Hi Dennis,

IMO that is not a good practice - yes they will get through, no they
will not get a response w/out a CC and no there will be nothing in the
header to clue anyone in...

//drew

<snip>