incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Matheus Garcia <matheus.figueir...@almg.gov.br>
Subject Convert table from absolute width to relative
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:43:58 GMT
Hi,

I need to programmatically convert some documents which contains some
table with absolute width to relative sizes. The purpose of that change
is that when converted to HTML the width of that absolute table is also
fixed, and that leads to scrollbars appearing when document is viewed in
small screen devices.

I don't know a better way to do that, so I thought on creating an event
handler to do these changes during the onSave and onSaveAs event. The
event is being caught, but I'm in doubt on how to get the necessary info
to do these changes.

More specifically, I've create a procedure to loop into all tables, and
test if it is relative width or not. If its has absolute width, I want
to change sizes. There are a lot of details involved, but in the
simplest case, I just need to get the fraction of page width that the
table occupies.

So that's my situation: if have a XTextTable, how can I get the page
width that contains that table? I tried to call getAnchor() without
success, as its said the TextTable docs that "(...) the anchor of the
actual implementation for text tables does not have a position in the
text. Thus that anchor can not be used for some operation like
XTextContent::attach or XText::insertTextContent or other function that
require the object to have a position in the text. (...)"

Does any of you can help me in solving that? Or is there another way to
do these transformations?

Best regards,
Matheus

--