incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <nancythirt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Blog idea: interviews with AOO developers
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:55:48 GMT
I think this is a fabulous idea - and would like your opinion or thoughts about using the interview
time to gather website usability concerns:
	1. While an interviewer has the team members attention, a survey of questions geared to usability
could be presented at the same time.
	2. Questions could include, for example: as a developer what kind of tools would you need
handy on a developers page; as a tutorial writer, how could this website give you access to
more easily upload your work; as a beginner how can we design this website so that you can
more easily find your way around; overall, what pages do you use most/least?
	3. I envision a 'huddle' of web designers working up the survey questions and handing them
to the interviewers for feedback.This could still be accomplished through a link to something
like Survey Monkey - however, I think that two things could be accomplished at one time.I
would like to volunteer time to interview and also work towards organizing and gathering information
usable in your web design if that would be helpful.

Also - since there are worldwide volunteers, I only speak/write English.  And a personal
note - I am going to use my volunteer organizing and interviewing time to see where I can
fit in as a developer someday down the road.  I think your idea for the profile/blog is a
great way to tour the many hands holding this project together!

Nancy

     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
Video courses on SEO, CMS,