incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject ANONYMOUS CMS ACCESS (was Re: Bad Link on OOO API Web Page)
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:05:18 GMT
I don't know if this level of participation interests you Ric,
but I'd like to share with the group the process involved in
producing an actual patch suitable for a committer to apply
regarding the website documents.

The first thing an interested party needs to do is to install
the CMS bookmarklet wherever their browser normally keeps bookmarks.
The url which describes this process is at

    https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/#bookmark

You will be prompted for credentials when you visit that url:
non-committers should present a username of anonymous and an
empty password.  Those creds will grant you full access to
the CMS.

What you do then is go to the actual page in question:

http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/module-ix.html

and simply click on the bookmarklet.  After a few moments to
prepare a working copy for you, you will be directed to the
source page containing the errant html.  Click on the [Edit]
link and an editor session will let you modify the file to
make the appropriate changes.  Submit those changes to the
server and click on the [Diff] link which will show you your
changes in patch form.  On that page is the option to [Mail Diff]
whereby you can mail your patch off to this mailing list
simply by filling out the form.

Yes it's that easy, and committers will know how to incorporate
your changes into the live site from there.

HTH