incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: openoffice.com link goes to dubious site
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 05:37:41 GMT
On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 22:54 -0500, drew wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 22:03 -0500, David Sheffield wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If you go to the Open Office mirrors project (link below) and scroll down
> > to United States - Bulk Book Store, the http link to the right actually
> > redirects to a Philipino themed porn site. At least I wasn't at work when I
> > clicked on it. I wasn't too offended but I'm sure some people would be if
> > this happened to them. Just letting you guys know so you can fix it.
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/mirrors/#mirrors
> >

> Just sent an email to registered owners of the site, as listed in the
> WHOIS db, informing them it's apparently been hijacked.

Here is the reply:

It wasn't hacked, we discontinued the server that that subdomain is
hosted on, and didn't update our DNS records, and now some porn company
apparently got that IP address. Either way, I updated our DNS records
and it won't send people there anymore in a few hours when the DNS
propegates. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

-Dirk