incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r805428 - in /websites/production/ooo-site: ./ content/ content/EN/ content/FAQs/ content/FAQs/ms-access/ content/aa/ content/about/ content/about_us/ content/about_us/people/ content/access/ content/af/ content/am/ content/api/ conte
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:24:03 GMT

On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> You're welcome and thanks. I'm now doing some refactoring to get as much
>> out of templates as possible.
>>
>> Just made an iteration that made no changes!
>>
>> One more and Kay won't be afraid to edit the footer!
>>

> :)...don't know what's really going on here, but thanks!

Currently a footer change to templates/footer.html will only cause a lengthy check build that
will only end-up changing a single file on the staging server - /footer.html

With a little more work changes can be moved mostly to content/footer.mdtext. With that it
will be a very fast change.

The main thing is that now changes to headers, footers, and navigation will no longer cause
two hour sledgehammer changes to every html file on ooo-site.

Regards,
Dave