incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Committers and Alias.txt
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:23:30 GMT
Got it!

>From now on, folks should manage their mail aliases by updating their details using the
Apache Account utility.  Go to https://id.apache.org.  Your account details form provides
entry of Alias addresses as well as control of your forwarding email address.

PS: Apache OpenOffice committers who have been using @openoffice.org e-mail addresses should
move those to alias entries and set up new forwarding addresses if they have not done so already.

Thanks Shane,

 - Dennis, going to brew some coffee now

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Curcuru [mailto:asf@shanecurcuru.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 06:30
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Committers and Alias.txt

This has recently changed to be part of the shiny new power tool with
the strength to move mountains, the ID tool:

   https://id.apache.org/

I presume the documentation for this, and the new committer invite,
etc., has not caught up to the amazing speed and functionality of this
new and innovative way to track committer information at the Foundation.

Please - login, check it out, and be amazed!

- Shane, whose sense of humor is clearly over-blown before coffee

P.S. MailAlias.txt is an important way that committers can officially
(since it's in SVN, it can only be changed by committers) let other
committers know what their normal email addresses are - very helpful for
mail moderation, etc.

P.P.S. MailAlias.txt and a number of other bits of committer-specific
information is now all accessed through LDAP and such on the id.a.o
site, where you can change your password, mail aliases, PGP key id, and
more.  Somewhere is documentation that shows how you can both do this
stuff through that website by yourself, but you can also get most of the
data from underlying files or services programmatically.

P.P.P.S. Thanks infra team!