incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Reminder: Not all list posts are from list subscribers
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 02:44:50 GMT
I am so happy:

(first post on the "Document Recovery" thread).

Since someone connected the dots about mailing-list addresses in the headers, and I discovered
that Outlook will filter on SMTP-header text matches, I no longer feel like the ugly duckling
in this world of *nix users.

As a moderator, I tend to grant a responsible sender with an "accept" that covers future posts
as well.  I don't know if that is effective always.  I also don't know that, if it is, future
posts are still identifiable as from a non-subscriber.  I will have to test that.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@opendirective.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 13:56
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reminder: Not all list posts are from list subscribers

On 16 February 2012 20:33, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> Sent from my mobile device, please forgive errors and brevity.
>> On Feb 16, 2012 8:04 PM, "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
[ ... ]
>>> Honestly, Ross, are you able to do this on your mobile device, the one
>>> you used to send your response?
>>>

>> Yes. I use a Web based mail client and, in this case my mobile device is a
>> tablet so can use the full interface.
>>

> Filtering, or just manual inspection?   I use Gmail.  Looks like the
> only allow filtering based on the final delivered-to header, which
> doesn't help us:
>
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=63575fed3f2d2072&hl=en

Unfortunately you are right, it does only match the final delivered-to
header. Blast, I use GMail too. I just assumed it would work. I guess
it serves me right for not checking the results of the filter.

Oh well... still a great tip for those who can use it.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)