incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans Zybura" <hzyb...@zybura.com>
Subject AW: Unable to install AOO on a clean Windows XP
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:56:31 GMT

1. I created an msi log file on the clean winxp sp3 vm, where the problem
exists. I will send it via personal email if someone asks for it. And of
course I can do it again, if need be.

The last 3 lines before the error is thrown are:

[HZ_1:] MSI (s) (44:04) [13:02:50:677]: Executing op:
ActionStart(Name=RegisterExtensions,,)
[HZ_2:] Action 13:02:50: RegisterExtensions.
[HZ_3:] MSI (s) (44:04) [13:02:50:677]: Executing op:
CustomActionSchedule(Action=RegisterExtensions,ActionType=1025,Source=Binary
Data,Target=RegisterExtensions,CustomActionData=C:\Program
Files\OpenOffice.org 3\)

2. In the log file, I noticed the following lines:
Property(C): REQUIRED_DOTNET_VERSION = 2.0.0.0
Property(C): DOTNET_SUFFICIENT = 0

I took that as a hint and installed .Net Framework 2.0. This did NOT solve
the problem, though.

Side note: If .NET 2.0 really is required, than you should keep in mind,
that .Net is not originally part of Win XP, any Service Pack, or standard
security update. So it should either be part of the installation packet or
not required. Developers using Visual Studio tend to forget that, because
.Net is part of a Visual Studio installation.

Regards, Hans