incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:06:22 GMT
On Feb 24, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> Without commenting on the dates, schedules and technical issues I
> would urge you to make sure you allow significant time for IP review
> from mentors and the IPMC. I imagine this release will get a great
> deal of attention and, almost without a doubt, someone will come up
> with something that needs to be addressed.

Mentors and IPMC members have had 8 months to offer IP related
comments. They are welcome at any time. But in my experience declaring
a Release Candidate is especially effective at concentrating their
attention on that task.

We should plan on having multiple RC iterations. There are enough
unwritten rules related to release requirements that we'll almost
certainly need several iterations.   But the most effective way to
uncover these unwritten rules is by proposing a RC for a release vote.
 Of course we should first make sure were following all the written
rules.

-Rob