incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: New feature: Drawing thick lines with line caps
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:41:47 GMT
	Hi Andrea,

On 14.01.2012 23:32, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 13/01/2012 Armin Le Grand wrote:
>> again updated to trunk (after some Svg fixes) and built. Find the
>> linecap install sets under:
>> Win: http://people.apache.org/~alg/linecap/wntmsci12/
>> Linux64bit: http://people.apache.org/~alg/linecap/unxlngx6/
>> Have fun checking out the LineCap feature!
>
> Thanks Regina, Armin,
> but would it be possible to have just a couple screenshots with "Before
> and After" the Linecap feature, for those who are not familiar with
> terminology and can't install the builds you provided? It's all stuff
> that we will need to reuse in the release notes anyway, and useful
> information for potential testers.

Well, screenshots would be stripped from the newsgroup, but I can at
least offer this link
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/painting.html#StrokeLinecapProperty)
to the Svg definition of w3.org. This feature is pretty much exactly
about that. OOo did never support it, but pretty much all other graphic
systems/definitions do nowadays. The feature is about integrating this
into AOO, UI, core, Odf, painting, printing, exports, imports, etc. In
short everywhere where it will be useful.

> Regards,
> Andrea.

HTH!
Sincerely,