incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:41:22 GMT

On 4 Jan 2012, at 20:28, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> It depends on how that is actually done:

There is indeed plenty of detail to take into consideration, and we could ping-pong the discussion
around many nuances if we wanted to (for example: there's often no need to edit the file to
change the way it is licensed as part of a larger work).

One benefit there seems to be from having me join a thread is people add a lot more detail
to the discussion in order to correct me, even when we agree. Suffice to say we're generally
agreed that J├╝rgen's original assumption ("This code becomes automatically Apache licensed,
correct?") is probably not right :-)

S.

[IANAL & DNPOOTV]