incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Home page direction OpenOffice.org
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:25:32 GMT
On Jan 3, 2012, at 9:10 PM, Terry wrote:

> Hello.  I am not subscribed to the list but I follow posts in a news reader.
>
> I wondered why questions about user and issue subjects have recently been sent to the
dev list.

> My guess is the following leading item in the right sidebar of the home page:
>
> <quote>
> www.openoffice.org is now hosted by the Apache Software Foundation
>
> The website has migrated to infrastructure hosted by the Apache Software Foundation.
Contact the Development Mailing List if you have questions or comments
> </quote>
>
> Some re-wording is necessary.

There was no real consensus on the wording so I exercised JFDI earlier today.

It is now:

"The website has migrated to infrastructure hosted by the Apache Software Foundation. Join
the Users Mailing List
or User Forums if you have questions or comments."

Unfortunately the user forums currently have a couple of branding issues that need be fixed.
That's another thread.

Regards,
Dave