incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From fabian <...@netempire.de>
Subject Re: [EXT] disable/enable toolbar functions
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:04:44 GMT
Hi Ariel,

thx again for the example, it gave me a way better understanding for the concept of listeners
and dispatch objects.

In my case I used only a base dispatch class (as created by netbeans) and an instance of it,
for each control command. All I actually needed yet was a listener helper with correct synchronization
and a static map/list combo to store the listeners.

Right now I am trying to also disable the controls in the menubar but  I think there is a
good example for that in the SDK (DisableCommandsTest.java).

I would like to ask one more thing related to using an external graphics library for dialogs.
I am using Swing to build dialogs since I need to build more complex dialogs than possible
with UNO/AWT. Since I am working on a mac I got to learn pretty fast that I have to run AWT/Swing
in its own Thread in order to avoid the error:
"Apple AWT Java VM was loaded on first thread -- can't start AWT."

Naturally this causes that OpenOffice is still accessible while the dialog pops up. So the
question is, is there anything like putting OpenOffice to sleep while a dialog is open?

best,
Fabian