incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:22:45 GMT

On 4 Jan 2012, at 19:33, Andrew Rist wrote:

> In a similar way, (as I understand it) LO will be able to use ALv2 licensed code - but
not relicense it.

Code can be made available under multiple licenses simultaneously, as long as none of the
licenses in force have terms that are mutually incompatible. This is especially easy when
one of the licenses is a permissive license with minimal compliance requirements. Thus another
project can typically include code under a license like AL or BSD and make it available under
another license such as LGPLv3.

S.

[IANAL etc]