incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] rebranding...
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 02:45:02 GMT
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> --- Mar 3/1/12, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> ha scritto:

>> OK, we got to see the new logo and a
>> bit of a discussion has ensued re the
>> now Apache hosted http://www.openoffice.org/ and the
>> existing logo on that
>> site.
>>
>> My question concerns the extent of "future" rebranding.
>>
>> yes, it's pretty easy to just change out the logo, but
>> should anticipate
>> changing out ALL occurrences of OpenOffice.org to "Apache
>> OpenOffice" as well?
>>
>> Thoughts on this?
>>

> I think it wouldn't hurt to leave some references to the
> old brand. Something like "Apache OpenOffice, formerly
> OpenOffice.org" in the main pages and Apache OpenOffice
> in the rest.

That's an interesting idea.  I wonder whether it would work to have
such a "transition" graphic that we use prominently for the next
couple of months, until 3.4 is released?

It might be worth thinking about how we could do something like that
on the website.  So keep the main branding logo, but have the ability
to insert another banner ad or similar on each page that could be used
for things like a release announcement, conference promotion, or
similar announcement that we want to make broadly known.