incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4 and beyond, looking at AOO 4.0
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:18:14 GMT
2012/1/9 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> As we come closer to a release of AOO 3.4, the first Apache OpenOffice
> release and the first one managed under the control of the new Apache
> OpenOffice project, I think that now it is also a good time to look forward
> to our next release (AOO 4.0) and what we want to bring in this release.
>
> I would like to propose a new wiki page
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Feature+Planning)
> where we can collect and document all things that we would like to address
> in our next release. I have already started to list some things where we
> (wearing my IBM hat) would like to concentrate on and I would like to
> encourage all of you to extend this list with your own things where you
> would like to work on.

Thanks for putting this up, Juergen. As we all know, the 3.4 release
is relatively modest in scope, at least from the feature perspective.
So it is good to get a glimpse at what we can see in AOO 4.0.

I added another feature, and put my name next to it.

I also added a similar wiki page and table for AOO 4.1:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Feature+Planning

That way, we can start collecting proposals there as well.

It would be good if we could develop a regular cadence of releases
after 3.4, maybe a release every 6 months.