incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Seeking Bugzilla Admin Volunteers
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:16:56 GMT
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> As far as I have been able to determine, no one in the project seems
>> to have the ability to do anything in our Bugzilla instance beyond the
>> basic operations that any member of the public is able to do.   We
>> need to get a handful of people to have some elevated permissions to
>> edit bugs, edit components, etc., so we can manage the quality process
>> for the upcoming 3.4 release.
>>
>> I'll enter a JIRA issue asking that myself, and whichever other
>> committers want to be included, be added to a group that will have the
>> following additional Bugzilla permissions:
>>

> I've gone ahead and enter the JIRA issue for this with Infra@:

Wow, that was fast!  Thanks to Tony, we now have a small group of BZ
admins for the project.

is there anything urgent we need to look at right now?  If not, maybe
a new thread on what we want to do.  Maybe simplification and
reduction in number of components? Clarification/adjustment of the
workflow?  What we have now is very confusing to users.

-Rob