incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Seeking Bugzilla Admin Volunteers
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:16:31 GMT
As far as I have been able to determine, no one in the project seems
to have the ability to do anything in our Bugzilla instance beyond the
basic operations that any member of the public is able to do.   We
need to get a handful of people to have some elevated permissions to
edit bugs, edit components, etc., so we can manage the quality process
for the upcoming 3.4 release.

I'll enter a JIRA issue asking that myself, and whichever other
committers want to be included, be added to a group that will have the
following additional Bugzilla permissions:

- editbugs
- editcomponents
- canconfirm
- editkeywords

Having these additional permissions will especially be critical for
those engaging in QA, I think.

I'm not sure if Infra will do it (security concerns, etc.), but it
would also be good to have one or two admin-level committers, with the
editusers permission, so they can enable the above permissions for
other users without going through Infra.

So if you want to be on the initial batch, please respond to this note
and let me know what your Bugzilla ID is. This is not necessarily the
same as your Apache ID.   And if you don't yet have a Bugzilla account
for the project, you can request one here:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

Thanks!

-Rob