incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:38:52 GMT
2012/1/3 Pavel Janík <Pavel@janik.cz>:
>> we would use (TM).  At some point, say after we actually have a
>> release, then we could ask Apache to pursue registration for "Apache
>> OpenOffice"
>
> Why would we do so if we know that Sun/Oracle could not get it registered (and thus have
chosen OpenOffice.org instead)?

We're talking about the full mark, "Apache OpenOffice".  I have no
reason to think this could not be registered.

In any case, we already discussed this, voted, and the choice was
"Apache OpenOffice".  We're now talking about the graphical ogo that
will reflect that name.