incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FreeBSD port is now builds and working
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:05:45 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob and Pedro,
>
> Ok, I can provide blog entry as well as preliminary packages for
> FreeBSD (en version and ja version).

Excellent. Some questions a reader might have:

0) What has been accomplished -- Lead paragraph give a good summary of
what you've done and why it is important.  Many readers get no further
than the first paragraph.  So anything really important, any "call to
action" should be in the first paragraphy.

Then other questions I think users might have:

1) What is BSD?  How many users/developers are there?

2) What version of OpenOffice do BSD users have today?

3) How long has OpenOffice been available on BSD?

4) Maybe some comments on the BSD license and the Apache license

5) How are you working with the Apache project? A fork? Working
directly with Apache?  How is this working?

6) What are some technical things you had to do to get the current
OpenOffice to work with BSD?  What did you learn that other BSD
porters for other applications might want to know about?

7) Do you want help with anything?

8) Where can the reader go for more information?

-Rob