incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 02:12:21 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2012, at 01:07, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Did you have trouble with the part where
>> he wrote "this mailing list"?  In any case
>> we have 1-way compatibility from AL to LGPL
>> so there's little technical need for it.
>
> No, Joe, I spotted that, but thanks for your concern.
>
> This meme only arises in Rob's communications in connection with LibreOffice contributors
being encouraged to join Apache. Licensing is as much a community choice as it is a mechanical
matter, and as a member of both communities I have observed that the apparent encouragement
to weaken affiliation with LibreOffice diminishes Apache's credibility among many LibreOffice
community members.

> My comment to Rob was by way of a reminder that it would be better to stop acting divisively
like this. My apologies if this brevity was confusing.

Simon,

If you think it is divisive for me to encourage people to join Apache,
use the Apache license and to download and install Apache products,
then I must apologize profusely for that, as well as the far greater
anguish I will surely be causing you in the future.

-Rob