incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two documents that had issues with OOo 3.3.0
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:01:28 GMT
On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Marco A.G.Pinto <
marcoagpinto@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

>  Hello!
>
> I have two documents which had issues with OOo 3.3.0:
> - A .DOCX one whose image in the header (I wrote "footer" by mistake a
> week or so ago) appears stretched.
> - A DOC which only allows to edit a few fields since it is password
> protected and OOo asks for the password
>   when we open the document and doesn't allow to edit the fields.
>
> I sent the DOCX to Rob Weir since I didn't know where to send it to, but I
> didn't receive any reply.

I see you sent this response to a post I made:

http://markmail.org/message/bp27ye57l7paitxb

But the ooo-dev list strips attachments.

> Is there someone to whom I can send both documents? Please notice that
> they are classified documents and I can't share them with the mailing list.

As Pedro mentioned, attachments can be made to Bugzilla issues.  That is
how we track bug reports.  If the full document is classified, then you
will want to reproduce the same bug in a new, unclassified document,
something that can be shared.

(A thought for the PPMC:   Note that in exceptional cases we do accept
confidential documents on private lists.  For example a security
vulnerability report can come with a test document that demonstrates the
vulnerability.  Such documents are received on our security list, verified,
but not made public.  There is a level of trust between the security team
and the reporter to treat such information sensitively.

If we wanted to, we could have a similar practice with documents indicating
other kinds of errors, non-security.  Although it is easy for us to say
that Marco should reproduce the error in a clean document, etc., the fact
is this is often not possible.  For example, when the bug is related to
importing a document that was created in an earlier version of OOo, or even
created in another application, one that the reporter does not have
installed.  I think only a small number of users will take the extra step
to create a new test file for us. The net result is we fail to get some
perfectly valid bug reports, and miss the opportunity of fixing some real
bugs.)

-Rob