incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: admin permissions on old OOo
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:23:01 GMT
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts <louis@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I used to have admin permissions on the old site. I no longer seem to.
> I receive requests (as does Florian E.) to delete mail mistakenly
> posted to the public lists, but I cannot do much about it directly.
>
> I can route to those who *do* have admin permissions on the old site,
> if you like. There are other small things to do, too, that require
> admin on the Kenai site.
>
> If none of this is needed, good to hear. But the messages are there still.

One of my favorite words applies here:  "disintermediation".   The
best thing we can do is to remove extra steps and layers and people
between the user and the person who can give the user what they want.

General rule that applies for everything from trademark requests, to
mailing list, to product questions, to project questions, to interview
requests, to almost anything:

1) If it is not too sensitive and the person does not mind making the
request in public, then ask them to send the request to the ooo-dev
list.  Note that it is not necessary for them to subscribe to the
list.  Anyone is able to post to it.

2) If the question is sensitive, personal, confidential, etc.., then
ask them to send it to the ooo-private list.  Again, they do not need
to subscribe.  Anyone can post.

There may be more specific ways to report specific issues, but the
above two paths almost always work as a good first step.

Regards,

-Rob