incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 02:20:17 GMT
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Apparently, the bugzilla-admin@apache.org e-mail is an alias for an infrastructure list,
perhaps infrastructure@ itself.  Issues that are specific to the AOO Podling bugzilla don't
reach a project designee, if there is one, in any direct way.

Yes, the bugzilla-admin@apache.org emails go to
infrastructure@apache.org.  A large percentage of recent posts are
from OpenOffice users, for example, users just trying to report an
issue or asking support questions.

It might make sense, for our BZ instance at least, since our users are
less technical, to encourage them to raise issues on our primary
support list --- ooo-users -- and to deemphasize the any reference to
bugzilla-admin@apache.org.  That will increase the signal/noise ratio
for Infra, while ensuring our uses get directed to where they are most
likely to get the kind of assistance they want.

-Rob

>  - Dennis

Lohmaier