incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: another use of the mark request - another logo props update - more branding IOW..
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 02:22:46 GMT
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Well, haven't looked to update the wiki just yet, will try to finish
> that tonight..
>
> in the meantime I was reading the comments on the logo - branding - name
> questions (w/incubating w/p) and spent some time rethinking the images
> from the other day.
>
> I tried to be more expressive of a change, while attempting to think of
> appropriate incremental type edits.
>
> So, these I would propose for use for the current developer snapshot
> builds - you will see, I hope, that again I tried to emphasize the
> nature of the release (or non-release if you will) w/ strong dev.
> snapshot text.
>
> So - before I go eat and come back to the wiki, here is a link to the
> new files as an archive:
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/gttysbrg.tar.bz2
>
> The file has 3 folders:
> SVG for the inkscape source files.
> - logo.svg is now included
> -- note this file uses layers to allow different
> -- permutations of the basic logo design
> -- this file no longer can be edited as text
> -- rather is suited for scaling
>
> install
> - has the a new look for application embedded graphics.
>
> banner
> - used the basic logo to generate a couple of web style
> - images

Hi Drew,  this look really nice.  A few comments for your consideration:

1) Can we get a square version as well?  This seems to be the standard
for profile images in social networking sites like Twitter and
Google+.  We could use the square logo in any "official" accounts that
the project manages.

2) On the banner logo you say "Coming... Winter 2012".  This may be
true in the Northern Hemisphere.  But I hope it is still summer in
Brazil, South Africa and Australia when we release 3.4.  So maybe just
say "Coming soon" or something that works everywhere?