incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:12:19 GMT
2012/1/3 Pavel Janík <Pavel@janik.cz>:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>>
>> Personally I think this is fine work, and since we've received no
>> counter-proposals in the last month, we should go ahead and update the
>
> There is a TM in the image. Does Apache own the trademark OpenOffice or Apache OpenOffice?
I don't think so.

(TM) indicates that we claim a trademark.  (R) means it is a
registered trademark.

With "OpenOffice.org" we would use (R), but with "Apache OpenOffice"
we would use (TM).  At some point, say after we actually have a
release, then we could ask Apache to pursue registration for "Apache
OpenOffice"

So in other words "TM" is asserting it as a trademark, even though it
has not yet been registered.

-Rob