incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Seeking Bugzilla Admin Volunteers
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:34:59 GMT
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2012, at 1:49 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Did you read anyone say that current privileges are going to be
>>> dropped?  I certainly did not say that.
>>
>> No, but that was a doubt I had: in the process of granting new privileges, it might
be that someone notices that a lot of people already have high privileges, and that this group
includes people currently unaffiliated with the project. I was just making sure that current
privileges are not dropped now: this will still be an issue, but it can be dealt with separately.

> We need to have a common set of privileges for ALL committers. We should not have to
request it, it should be done.

That is a curious statement, considering that:

- committers are not automatically subscribed to ooo-private.

- committers are not automatically list moderators.  They need to request it.

- committers are not automatically blog editors.  They need to request it.

- committers are not automatically wiki editors or admins.  They need
to request it.

- committers are not automatically forum editors or admins.  They need
to request it.

So far as I can tell, the only thing that happens automatically for
committers is SVN access. And even that is not really automatic.

Given the above, I had no expectations that Bugzilla access for
committers would happen without request.  Do you have a reason to be
optimistic in this case?

And are you suggesting we wait for this to happen?  Or would it make
more sense to get a few volunteers, per my original note, and go
forward with that for now?

-Rob

> The PPMC should decide what the normal set of privileges should be for the general community
as well.

> Maybe as another thread this will noticed.
>
> I am really glad I rejected using BZ to discuss the website a few months ago since no
privileges with the AOO BZ have been assigned to anyone who wasn't with the former project
yet former members who have not continued with this project still have privileges.