incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extensions hosting
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:53:18 GMT
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 6 January 2012 09:32, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 04/01/2012 Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>>>
>>> 2012/1/4 J├╝rgen Schmidt:

>> Sounds good. The stabilization phase can be done anywhere, but as Rob wrote
>> if we cannot keep the current repository as part of the project anyway, it
>> makes sense to do it as part of a larger effort.
>
> Can we please put a stop to this meme. Nobody has said that it *can't*
> be kept as part of the project. I have no idea why this keeps getting
> repeated. There are issues to be addressed, but nobody has said we
> can't address them. That's what this thread is about, creating a
> proposal for the board to consider and give us an indication as to
> whether it would be acceptable or not.

If by "repository" you mean merely the software that hosts the
repository, then you are correct.  If by "repository" you mean also
all of the extensions and templates that are hosted in the repository,
including GPL, trialware, demoware and other commercial, non OSS
extensions, then I think Juergen is correct.  In fact we've been told
that this would be an issue for graduation.  Since the repository with
the hosted extensions is the relevant service to our users, I think
that is what we should be concerned about.