incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Category-B tarballs in SVN (was Re: External libraries)
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 23:50:54 GMT
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 12 January 2012 19:28, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> You were looking for an opinion for Apache Legal.  Robert is a member
>> of Apache Legal Affairs, not Ross.
>
> This is not correct. Neither of us is a member of the committee. We
> are both on the legal lists (I'm not sure if Robert is on the internal
> one, but he is certainly on the discuss list where this kind of thing
> would be).
>
> As I stated in that thread I believve Robert is mistaken, but since I
> am not a part of the legal affairs committee, only an observer, I
> cannot be certain.

If you can point to any policy statement to back your belief, I'd love
to have a link, for the record.  Or, a even a cogent argument for why
this should not be allowed, given the stated goals of the license
policies.

> If you want an official statement from legal you have to ask
> legal-discuss@ about the specific case in hand.

If others have doubt, they are welcome to chase after this.