incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ohloh now up-to-date
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:48:29 GMT
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Rob;
>
> It does look much better.
>
> --- Ven 6/1/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
>>
>> Finally, any objections if I add a link to this page to our
>> website,
>> maybe to an Developer FAQ item on project statistics?
>>

> If you do so, please note that this is by no means an
> accurate analysis: It would appear like more than half
> of our files are still under the LGPL3.

The problem is it is not seeing that the SVN files are the same as the
old Hg files.  The repository has changed, user ID's have changed and
even the path has changed.

We could tell it to ignore the old Hg stuff, but then we would lose
the old commit data.

If you recall, we tried another solution before, starting a new AOO
project.  That gave accurate file data, including license. But it then
gives only the Apache history.

So it looks like we can either have accurate contribution data, or
accurate file data.

> Hmm. and it would be good to know what appears to be
> under the GPLv2 (configure stuff, I guess) but we
> will find out with rat sooner or later.

It could be a file that existed only previously in Hg.