incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 18 Jan 2012: SOPA and PIPA Protest Banner
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:53:35 GMT
While it might have been appropriate for ASF projects such as AOO to
join today's SOPA/PIPA protest, I agree that it's too late to
coordinate now. The Wikipedia community has been working towards their
protest action for more than a week, including a town hall meeting and
other consensus-verification processes.  Even so, there is today an
interview with a community member who doesn't like the action they've
taken.  In short, I just don't think we have time to socialize such an
action on the part of even the AOO project before the protest would be
"over".