incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Team OpenOffice White Label Office (powered by Apache Open Office)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 14:41:22 GMT
On 4 January 2012 14:21, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

> Our power is our ability to control use of the brand.  Preventing use
> is one form of control.  But channeling use to beneficial patterns of
> use can be even more powerful.

I totally agree with this statement. In fact I would add:

"Enabling everyone to benefit equally from the value of our brand
helps build a healthy ecosystem within which collaboration can occur
whilst still enabling participants to define their own boundaries of
collaboration and thus enabling them to build competitive advantage in
the marketplace that exists outside of our community."

Ross