incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: admin permissions on old OOo
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:58:20 GMT
On 30 January 2012 21:49, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since the initial request reached me and I forwarded it to Louis, I feel
> obliged to comment:
>
> Ross Gardler wrote on 2012-01-30 22:37:

For the record the quoted part was out of context and thus I have removed it.

> Folks, someone sent his CV to a public mailing list by accident, not knowing
> it would be public.

That is the kind of thing that we will usually put the effort into.
Assuming the mailing lists in question are under the ASFs control the
correct policy and process for removal is described at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/public-archives.html

> Stop discussing and help the woman sending in that request, anything else is
> simply ridiculous and not only a waste of everyone's time, but also an
> ashaming and embarassing behaviour to the public.

Precisely my point and why I linked to the ASF policy and process
(repeated above) for handling these events in my first mail. It's just
faster. While removing it from the old OOo site is already being
addressed ( thanks TJ) but since this list is archived at the ASF one
can assume the ASF process should also be followed in this case.

Ross