incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:00:04 GMT
On 16 January 2012 15:41, Norbert Thiebaud <> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Pedro Giffuni <> wrote:
>> It is really nice because in this project we don't request
>> silly licensing statements. We assume people are not
>> stupid enough to send us code that we can't use.
> oh really ?
> Is that Apache's position that any code than end-up in an Apache
> Mailing list is 'assumed' to be under AL2 ?

It is the ASFs position that we do not take code that has not been
willingly contributed to us.

What this means in practical terms is that if we are not certain that
the code was intended as a contribution then we will not use it.
Furthermore, if we have any reason to doubt that the contributor is
authorised to make that contribution then we will not accept it.

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

View raw message