incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Extensions hosting
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:52:39 GMT
On 6 January 2012 09:32, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/01/2012 Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/4 J├╝rgen Schmidt:

> Sounds good. The stabilization phase can be done anywhere, but as Rob wrote
> if we cannot keep the current repository as part of the project anyway, it
> makes sense to do it as part of a larger effort.

Can we please put a stop to this meme. Nobody has said that it *can't*
be kept as part of the project. I have no idea why this keeps getting
repeated. There are issues to be addressed, but nobody has said we
can't address them. That's what this thread is about, creating a
proposal for the board to consider and give us an indication as to
whether it would be acceptable or not.

Please keep your minds open. Starting from the assumption that the
extensions hosting *has* to move from the ASF is false and is closing
off one of the options available to the project.

Ross