incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site Staging Toward AOO 3.4 (was RE: [BUG] AOO cannot be installed)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 17:24:09 GMT
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org>wrote:

> +1
>
> I am not disagreeing with Drew.  I am agreeing that it is important to
> shed critical path wherever possible.
>
> Because there are different contributors involved, the critical path that
> Drew sees is not impacted by folks working on getting the site rebranded
> and managing whatever the recognizable critical paths are in prepping the
> site before the 3.4 release.

Of course, we can commit changes and review them in the staging site as
often as we wish. As long as we do not *publish* them, no harm, no foul.
HOWEVER, its dangerous to think along these lines since the *entire* site
gets published, not just individual page changes, unless we can figure how
to pick and choose. Something to investigate.

MzK

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends
 with strange cats."
                                                  -- *Colonial American
proverb*