incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:08:55 GMT
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> A month ago Drew sent a logo proposal to the ooo-marketing list.  It
> has been discussed and iterated on that list.  The current state of
> the proposal is on the wiki:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>
> Personally I think this is fine work, and since we've received no
> counter-proposals in the last month, we should go ahead and update the
> splash screen and website with the new logo.  That's my opinion.
> However, others have suggested we take a RTC approach to this.  So be
> it.
>
> Please review the logo proposal on the above wiki page.  If you have a
> counter proposal now, or if you intend to make a counter-proposal but
> need more time, then please speak up.  But if there are no other
> proposals, then we have lazy consensus.
>
> Considering that some project members may still be on vacation, I'd
> like to leave this open for another full week.
>
> -Rob

These are wonderful! I'm not subscribed to the marketing list so I hadn't
seen the full suite until just now.

For the install graphic, I would prefer :

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27832565/Image_aooi.bmp?version=1&modificationDate=1324462312000

-- or --

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27832565/Image_aooi_wht.bmp?version=1&modificationDate=1325048664000

since we're going for a rebranding...

Great work by Drew (and perhaps others!)
MzK

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends
 with strange cats."
                                                  -- *Colonial American
proverb*