incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website Help
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:30:10 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Roman Meisenberg <
roman@silenceproductions.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just stumbled upon the Help Wanted page on the Apache Wiki. I would love
> to help out with the website.
> I am a web developer and photographer from NYC. How would I go about
> getting started on this if you still
> require the help?

Hi Roman--

Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice.org project!

Ah, yes, our Help Wanted page. OK, some clarification. There are actually
*two* websites involved in this project -- the project landing page (also
called the developer portal) at:

 http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/index.html

and the "user portal" ( the migrated legacy www.openoffice.org) at:

http://www.openoffice.org/

As is turns out, we were just discussing how the "Help Wanted" pages is a
bit out of date, so what you see there could use some "interpretation" I
think.

This said, we just got the legacy site migrated the last week in December.
I don't think we're ready for any large scale design changes at the moment
-- but we are in need of some sitewide edits for the user portal site with
respect to the palce of the user portal site in the Apache Foundation vs
the "independent" OpenOffice.org entity.

This said,  please feel free to take a look at anything you see on the
"user portal" site -- http:www.openoffice.org -- and suggest changes or,
given your current "contributor" role, submit patches, to areas.

And again, welcome to the project!

> Thanks so much!
>
> --
> Roman Meisenberg