incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject [CODE] update services
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:32:09 GMT
Hello folks --

I note by our migration page --

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice.org+Migration+Status

that as of 10/24/2011 we have NO decision on where to locate the update
service -- Product Update Service (PUS).

This referenced URL
http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm

(well this link is probably architecture specific but you get the idea).

I have NO personal knowledge of HOW this service is supposed to work or the
internal setup for this.

However, this continues to be a stumbling block for current users
especially those who have enabled "auto update".

Is there any possibility this service could be ported -- SOON -- to an
environment under Apache OpenOffice.org? Maybe even in the Download area of
the "user portal" site? Thankfully cgis and the like are pretty easy to
construct there given the current environment.

Obviously someone with intimate knowledge of this service needs to weigh in
here with details .

MzK

"Follow your bliss."
         -- attributed to Joseph Campbell