incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] planning to create new developer snapshots
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:29:39 GMT
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <
orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 14.01.2012 18:16, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> 2012/1/10 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@**googlemail.com<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>> >

>>  On 1/10/12 11:23 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi,

>>> I would suggest that we use only one page where we can link all provided
>>> builds. That means if you can provide builds, maybe Ariel can contain
>>> them
>>> in his overview page. I would add a MacOS build and Linux 64bit on a
>>> regular basis.
>>>

>> Hi--
>>
>> OK, just an observation. Currently on the  wiki from the main page--
>>
>> http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page>
>>
>> is a link (toward the bottom) of Developer Snapshot Builds which goes to
>> http://download.openoffice.**org/next<http://download.openoffice.org/next>
>>
>> Can you still use THAT service for your builds or , if you chose not to,
>> replace that link with your "new central page".
>>

> As the builds which Ariel, Jürgen and myself are planning to provide are
> no official builds I do not think that it is a good idea to link the
> planned 'download site' prominent and like they are official builds.
> From my point of view these builds are only intermediate ones until we
> have official builds from our to be planned setup buildbots.

OK...since I'm not a developer, I didn't realize we had such a
differentiation. And, since I myself don't know how this particular
download area, "next", gets populated, I thought maybe one of you might one
to investigate. Not a problem, I just didn't know if this warranted further
investigation.

>  I'm working on some clean up to the Developer FAQs at:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/**openofficeorg/developer-faqs.**html<http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/developer-faqs.html>
>>

> Cool - very very good to have it.

Thanks...I'll be doing more shortly. SInce "Develop" got re-routed, I felt
code developers might be missing information.

>  and will add in the wiki main page to this. But just thought I'd point out
>> this old link/reference.
>>

> Best regards, Oliver.

MzK

"Follow your bliss."