incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <>
Subject Re: Apache list archive issues must be fixed soon
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 05:37:58 GMT
Hi Dave,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2012, at 12:11 AM, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Thank you, Ariel Constenla-Haile (arielch), for building developer's
>> snapshot builds and langpacks for Windows.
>> Now we can find untranslated threads in the product.
>> We would like to discuss in Japanese about Japanese translation for
>> Apache OpenOffice on our native language list and made it public to
>> Japanese users and contributors.
>> But you see,
>> the list archive is unreadable.
>> We want these issues to be fixed soon.
> So sorry, but these are filed in the AOO issue tracker. Apache Infrastructure will never
find issues there. It is not their issue tracker.
> For Apache Infrastructure issues, it is JIRA here:
> I created which links to the two issues
in the AOO BZ.

Thanks for doing this!  Helpful.

> I think that parts of these issues have been resolved for other reasons and that the
subject encoding is the remaining issue. I could be wrong.

Yes.  You are right.  Parts of :)
You see,
this is 100% OK.  But
this is not OK.
What is the difference between [1] and [2]?  I can't figure it out.
Infrastructure team! Help!
The title issue is also very important for Japanese users.
When I see this, I feel very sad.

> Regards,
> Dave
>> We are getting closer to Apache OpenOffice release, aren't we?
>> We should start localization and translation efforts as soon as possible, right?
>> As soon as the list archive issues are fixed, I would like to prepare
>> an announcement to the world people "Apache OpenOffice call for help
>> on localization and translation, Help build Apache OpenOffice for your
>> language"
>> :)
>> Thanks,
>> khirano