incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: help wanted to define default dictionaries for languages
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:43:56 GMT
2012/1/16 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>

> Hi,
>
> [based on the assumption that we get the approval to bundle the
> dictionaries/thesaurus with our binary releases]
>
> I am not really familiar with thwe dictionaries/thesaurus and would like
> to ask for help to define a list of default dictionaries/thesaurus for each
> language if possible.
>
> Based on this list we have to work on a mechanism to include the
> dictionaries in our binary releases.
>
> I think about a simple list where we define the default dictionary for
> each language. Something like
>
> [DICTIONARIES]
> de -> (German (de-DE frami) dictionaries), http://extensions.services.**
> openoffice.org/en/download/**5092<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/5092>,
> <name of download file>
> de-DE -> (German (de-DE frami) dictionaries), http://extensions.services.*
> *openoffice.org/en/download/**5092<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/5092>,
> <name of download file>
> de-AT -> (German (de-AT frami) dictionaries), link not available- network
> error, <name of download file>
> de-CH ->  (German (de-CH frami) dictionaries), http://extensions.services.
> **openoffice.org/en/download/**5091<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/5091>,
> <name of download file>
> en -> (English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature and
> phonetic suggestion support), http://extensions.services.**
> openoffice.org/en/download/**3814<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/3814>,
> <name of download file>
> en-US -> (US English Spell Checking Dictionary),
> http://extensions.services.**openoffice.org/en/download/**1471<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/1471>,
> <name of the download file>
>
> [THESAURUS]
>

> [this example list is based on wild guessing and browsing the available
> dictionaries in the ext repo, http://extensions.services.**
> openoffice.org/en/dictionaries<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries>]
>
> I propose that we collect this list in the wiki first and prepare later on
> a simple text file that we can check-in in svn for the build process. As
> place for the wiki page I suggest a sub-page under
> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**Project+Planning<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Planning>with
the name "Bundled Default Language Tools" or so.

> We need also a volunteer who analyze the mechanism to include these
> extensions in our binary releases ...
>
> Does this make sense or does anybody have a better idea how to move
> forward with this?
>
> Juergen

The Spanish thesaurus and hyphenation patterns can be found here:
http://openthes-es.berlios.de/
The spellchecker dictionary can be found here:
http://forja.rediris.es/frs/?group_id=341&release_id=1000
but I need to do some tests: I have problems installing it on recent dev
builds...

Cheers
Ricardo