incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tools to aid writing
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 23:50:41 GMT
2012/1/7 Marco A.G.Pinto <marcoagpinto@mail.telepac.pt>

>  Hello!
>
> I was wondering if AOO could also have some functionally like Microsoft
> Office to make suggestions while writing documents (underlining the text in
> green, suggesting grammar changes).
>
> This is very important and very useful while writing professional
> documents or university documents.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
>       >Marco A.G.Pinto
>         -----------------------
>
>  --

Are you talking about a grammar checker? AOO support grammar checker
extensions. Right now there are a couple of them with LanguageTool being
probably the most complete:
http://www.languagetool.org/
Two things to consider: languagetool hits OOo performance very heavily:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3354798&group_id=110216&atid=655717
Never trust too much a grammar checker: today computers are not good enough
for grammar.
Cheers
Ricardo