incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i18nregexp replaced with ICU regexp => heads up
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 13:44:08 GMT
2012/1/4 Herbert Duerr <hdu@apache.org>

> On 03.01.2012 19:13, RGB ES wrote:
>
>> Sorry for reactivating this old thread, but I have a question about the
>> new
>> regexp engine: it seems that some regular expressions do not work any more
>> on AOO test builds. For example, on OOo 3.3 you can use
>> \<[0-9]+[,|\.][0-9]*\>
>> to find decimal numbers no matter if the decimal separator is a colon or a
>> dot (the expression will find 125.25 and 1253,586) but this expression do
>> not work on AOO builds.
>>

> Following up myself, AOO will both find strings like "<125.25>" and
> "<1253,586>" for the example regexp you provided, but it will not find
> "125.25" and "1253,586".
>
> http://www.regular-**expressions.info/refflavors.**html<http://www.regular-expressions.info/refflavors.html>mentions
the \< and \> that are used in your regexp example as non-standard
> extensions to the syntax. With using the new engine we are closer to the
> reference http://www.regular-**expressions.info/reference.**html<http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html>
>
> Herbert

Thanks! I think we will need to make more clear to the users this change:
many old documents with macros that rely on the old syntax will not work on
AOO 3.4.

Also, I think I found a problem. Suppose you have a text like "He heard
quiet quiet steps". By using a regexp like
(notice the space before the \1) you'll find the repeated word without
problems, but if you use $1 on "Replace with" instead of obtaining "He
heard quiet steps" you get "He heard  steps", with two spaces between
"heard" and "steps": the reference is not inserted!

Ricardo