incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next step: fonts
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:21:33 GMT
2012/1/20 Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org>

> OK. I think the binary packages will bring graphite support
> but in any case I don't think we want to force people to use
> optional features so the question is whether these fonts will
> work without graphite.
>
> If they work acceptably and there is consensus I can bring
> them in pretty easily but otherwise I think we already
> reached the objective of providing the same functionality
> without strong copyleft fonts, and that's sufficient
> for 3.4.
>
> Pedro.

I just commented about the "G versions" of the fonts because you considered
the inclusion of the opentype ones. IMHO, IF the idea is to include Linux
Libertine/Biolinum on AOO then the Graphite version will be more useful,
but if they are not included then no problem: the user who needs those
special features can install the fonts by him/herself. The most important
part is to preserve Graphite support: Graphite fonts are as easy to install
as any other font ;)
Cheers
Ricardo