incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice for mac
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:36:23 GMT
Jared,
Perhaps you meant 26 December? :-)
The way it works is like this: those working on the code--those making
the binaries, the stuff we users actually use, do it now pretty much
on their own time, which for generally laudable reasons they volunteer
to making people like me and you, I'd guess, happy--that we can
continue to use OOo (now Apache OpenOffice--new, improved!) on our
Macs.

Me, I'm enormously thankful not just to Raphael Bircher, whose latest
is his greatest and which I use daily, but to the entire Apache
community working on this effort. Nearly all are doing this because we
feel it's actually important.

But not everyone can code and not everyone can contribute directly.
But we all can help out as is wanted…..

It's a new year. And I'm looking forward to what it offers and what I can offer.

Cheers,
Louis