incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website Help
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:44:22 GMT
Hi,

On 17 January 2012 17:54, kay.schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

>> love
>> >>

>> > Hi Roman--
>> >
>> > Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice.org project!
>> >
>> > Ah, yes, our Help Wanted page. OK, some clarification. There are actually
>> > *two* websites involved in this project -- the project landing page (also
>> > called the developer portal) at:
>> >
>> >  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/index.html
>> >
>> > and the "user portal" ( the migrated legacy www.openoffice.org) at:
>> >
>> > http://www.openoffice.org/
>> >
>> > As is turns out, we were just discussing how the "Help Wanted" pages is a
>> > bit out of date, so what you see there could use some "interpretation" I
>> > think.
>> >

>> I think the original  "help wanted" was with respect to the podling
>> website:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>>
>> It looks like something I would have designed.  That is not a good thing
>> ;-)
>>
>> It could really use some "CSS Love" from someone with a good sense for
>> design.
>>

> Well maybe Roman would like to contribute this "love". ;}
>
> Really, I am not so concerned with "style" on the "Help Wanted" page as
> much as "currency" and "completeness". A LOT has happened since this page
> was created. Yes, it needs some more/different elaboration at this point.

Tell me what to do and I can help write the text. it will to a degree
be like old times. Bu then, finding out the to-dos took, quite
literally, years. And was never fully done.

What we did before was also try to distinguish and list (before Moz
did this, btw) things that were easier from those that demanded more
skill and collaborative work.

We don't have to do that here.

-louis

(invert Campbell: Bliss your followers.)